Oman, a country of captivating beauty and rich culture, holds many intriguing secrets. In this blog post, we will explore 10 surprising and unusual facts about Oman that will leave you amazed and eager to learn more.
10 Interesting Facts About Oman
2. Oman is one of the oldest human-inhabited countries on Earth, it is estimated that humans have been living in Oman for at least 106,000 years
4. Pepsi products are much more common than Coca-Cola Products in Oman. This is due in large part to the popularity of Mountain Dew which is one of the top-selling beverages in the country.
6. Oman is one of 27 countries that do not have any trains.
7. Oman once fought the shortest war in recorded history. On 27th August 1896, the Anglo-Zanzibar War fought between Oman and Britain lasted no longer than 40 minutes.
8. Oman’s flag is made up of three stripes (white, green and red) with a red bar on the left that contains the national emblem. White represents the imam and peace; green represents the mountains and fertility; red represents the indigenous people, the Kharijite Muslims, and is common on flags of the Gulf States.
10. Oman is an excellent destination for birdwatching. The country’s location at the crossroads of three continents – Europe, Africa and Asia – makes it a great place to observe migratory birds.
You want to read more?
Check out our blog for more information about Salalah and Oman. We are sure there is some helpful information for you.